Circular by Design Mutli-use Disc
These discs were design with circular economy practices in mind. This began by receiving queries from customers who had cracked or damaged their travel mugs. Sadly, if glued back together the cup can no longer be used for drinking from but it can be repurposed to be used for storage of pens, brushes or flowers for example.
This is what lead me to the idea of creating the discs, to sit into the cups and offering an extended lifespan to an otherwise unusable item, for the purpose it was originally designed for.
As I created them, I thought of other potential uses, and I predominantly want to create items that can offer more than one use:
1. to be used in a cup to hold dry flowers (fits into our own Travel Mugs - an ideal solution for any damaged or repaired cup
2. it can also be used for small arrangements of fresh flower to avoid using the traditional unsustainable oasis / floral foam.
3. It can be used under handmade soaps in a dish to help the water drain off and extend the lifespan of the soap
4. I have been using it to propagate plants from the mother plant, sitting the cut stems in water to encourage root growth
5. It can also be used as a herb stripper in the kitchen, to efficiently remove leaves from the stem of home grown herbs